seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Blogger's Code, A Reminder

A few of us sexy bloggers have had our work stolen of late, republished by others, who are claiming our work as their own.

I could be nice about this, but why bother? The deal is, we bust our asses to try and create unique content as often as we're able. I try to post, for instance, almost daily, and it takes a good deal of time to do, when I'm doing it well. I'm proud of what I create, and make no mistake about it --
I own this content. If you reprint entire pieces without giving us credit, then you're doing a very, very shitty thing. Smarten the hell up. Common sense my ass. It's rare sense, apparently.

If you like what you read, there is a code you should follow. You print excerpts, not entire content. You link to both the site and then to the post, separately. That's just the way it goes. I'm always grateful to be quoted/excerpted. That's flattering. Thank you. Imitation, when it comes to intellectual theft, is not the sincerest form of flattery, whatever the cliches may have you believing. It's simply theft. Plain, old, unimaginative theft.

Please, respect what we all do, and play by the code. We do.

And if you should ever recognize my work elsewhere, please inform me. I'll always be grateful.