seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Podcasting Update?

It’s nearly 4 in the morning and I’ve been hit by middle-of-the-night insomnia. I awoke like a bolt at about 2:40, as though plugged into a vat of coffee. I’m on the verge of taking a hiatus from smoking dope and am down to a single bowl of the herb, which is a great neutralizer of insomnia. So, here I sit, trying to get the right headspace to crawl back into bed, knowing it might be a while before I enjoy the dank green again. Oh, to be growing up. Sigh. As I acquire the mindset for rest, M. Ward’s insomnia ode, “Four Hours in Washington Square” sets the pace.

I wrote about the potential of a Cunting Podcast. Hey, that brainchild’s still floating. It turns out a guy I know (story in itself) has suggested the possibility that I might use his roomies’ recording studio. That’s as much as I know as yet. Nothing’s definite, but there’s some potential in the air.

I’ve taken the liberty already of doing an outline of segments I’d like to try. Of those, there’s about 25 segments I’ve fleshed out, segments that could be regular features. I’m not one to tip my hand, so let’s keep that private for now, shall we? I’ll surprise ya, baby. I know you like that. ;)

Suffice to say that what you might not know about me is that I was a student of Journalism & Mass Communications in school. Being on the radio’s something I always wanted to do, so this would be a fun way of cracking that nut, my style. The ‘cast would be focused more on the world at large than my blog is, with quicker, faster-paced pieces. And my rants would have a home. I enjoy ranting on the page, but it really lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. But spoken rants… ah! Just like home.

I’ll tell you what it won’t be – it won’t just be me sitting there for 20 minutes talking about one or two things. Nope, it would be about as close to a real live variety show on sex as I could manage. I’d like to get this baby out into the world, but I suspect it’d be a month or so before anything would happen. Hopefully by May 1st.

If there’s something in particular you’d like to see me try my hand it via a podcast, you’ll be sure to let me know, now, won’t you? I’d love to hear what your ideas for this bad boy. C’mon and share.

Oh, and in other news, we're on the verge of tripping the light fantastic kids. Should be hitting 200,000 hits today or Wednesday, since August. Thanks to everyone who comes regularly, for those who support me so strongly, but I'd love to hear some comments if you've never left any before. Said it before, and I'll say it again -- comments are the blogger's aphrodisiac. C'mon, make me wanna please ya.