seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Monday, August 21, 2006

We Now Return You To Your Regular Programming

Hey, people.

I'm proud to announce that I think the worst is over. I know, without a doubt, that I bottomed out last week. Given the events that occured, I should have been somewhat upset, but given who I am, I shouldn't have been anywhere near the ballpark I was in, let alone the same fucking postal code.

My three-month dose of birth control ran out nine days ago. I got my period last Wednesday. Ever since then, I've been steadily improving in mood. Today, I daresay I feel almost normal. I suspect I'm heading to a whole new place now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still filled to the brim with stress 'cos I've got a lot to do, but it's suddenly not weighing me down quite as harshly as it had been. It's... stress. It's not the end of the world.

I'm sure I'll have a few dips yet, I doubt I'm completely out of the woods, I'm sure that beast called depression still has eyes on me, but I'm pretty jazzed 'cos there's this chick I know and like kinda peeping around a corner at me, and I finally feel a little like smilin'.

Which rocks.

And rocks.

And rocks.

So.

I'm gonna start tackling topics again. Not tonight; it's hot at there's this vat of TAR (see photos for evidence) under my window thanks to a roofing job occuring, and sitting here at this desk has me gasping for air right now. Tar not good for asthma, it would seem. And the roofing continues until Thursday. Oh well. I have lots to do, I'm sure I'll pop in with brief postings, or I'll write late at night.

Don't look now, but methinks I be back.

Baby.



This is the lovely scenery from my living room.



This is my deck.



This is the culprit causing all the dust and stink in my home -- the one week I've cancelled all my plans to stay in and be productive. Glad I refilled my asthma prescription as soon as I saw the roofing begin! (I'm a smart cookie. You know it, baby!)