seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Nothin' Like an October Surprise

Republican Representative Mark Foley's knee-deep in the shits after having exchanged dirty emails with 16-year-old boys.

He's resigned and now the Republican party is flailing like a drunk guy in a pool. Oops. Who knew that filth and debauchery could be exhibited by their own kind? Gosh!

I'm thrilled Foley's been exposed. I hope the FBI investigates him as thoroughly as they would anyone else. I hope they examine his computer. I hope he's prosecuted for whatever tidbits they might find in his computer. The dude's chaired the Congressional Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus, for God's sake.

Of course he purports to never have done anything to a minor before. Of course it was his "first time" being this way. Yeah. Right.

I'm pretty strict about the definition of the legal age. I think kids can engage in sex with others, if they like, of their own age. I think adults have to fucking know better. Maybe that makes me square. But Foley's a pedophile, whether he's acted on it beyond these emails or not. Let's see how concerned the courts really are about protecting kids, shall we?

Talk about the privilege to serve when you're a page or an intern, huh? Geez.