seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mm, Mm, Double Mm!

Besides chocolate, is there anything yummier than sexy, sweaty, muscular furniture delivery guys? I got a double-dose of goodness when the boys just arrived with my new sofa. Wisely, I had some homemade lemonade in the fridge, and like all who knock upon my door, they left satiated.

As for the couch, when buying cheap, all I can say is, the extended warranty is worth the money. My new couch is so much more comfy than the old. It has support! I am highly anticipating getting to know it better. Sadly, the prospects of getting laid on it are non-existent at the moment, but that'd just be too much good at one time.

..............................................
Depress-o-meter: I think we're at a solid 3.75 out of 10, with 10 sucking hard. I'm relaxed, ignoring the insanities of the week to come, and mostly satisfied with the clean-up job I've done today, quite happy with the state of my new couch, even though the cheap-as-fuck plastic legs stymied my intellectual progress while unwrapping the beast. But if it's comfortable, this negates the cheap legs, right? I just won't be installing decorative pot-lighting in my floor anytime soon to highlight them, is all. Aside from that, I'm drinking iced french-press coffee with kahlua (a wise woman, yes?) and about to tackle the chopping efforts towards making gazpacho for me and my Vancouver GayBoy to enjoy later. (As well as heading out to buy white wine and some salmon for ceviche. Envy us. Who says life can't be good in a heat wave?) I feel better than I have in a few days because today marks some actual accomplishments, and the knowledge that my crap sofa is gone for good. What's the point of having a nice home you love when your primary piece of furniture is a piece of crap? The thing had duct-tape on it. Do *I* seem the duct-tape type?! Yeesh. Gone, gone, gone, daddy, gone. Time to listen to the Femmes, baby.