seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ann Richards?

I don't generally like to admit my ignorance in matters. After all, your ignorance of my ignorance is my bliss. But allow me to fess up.

A reader wrote me today to ask my thoughts on Ann Richards. Well, the name rang a bell but I couldn't remember who she was. George W.'s predecessor as governor of Texas. Right.

Honestly, I don't know enough to comment. What little I know, she was admirable. Any woman who competed in the male-dominated world pre-1986 is a pretty cool chick in my mind, and she's by proxy about as cool as it comes, in that case.

Found a great quote of hers, talking about Georgie's daddy. "Poor George, he can't help it...He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

But, yeah, all I can say is that there are women who go down as feminist role models, and she's got a great place on that list, for sure.

Still intending to write about the blogosphere. Friday night's a write night. After 9, anyhow. Must have drinks. ( :) Whee! Friday!)