seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Monday, September 18, 2006

Just Popping By

What up, my good people.

I'm just having a few days to myself and taking the pressure off of myself regarding posting. I said things might slow down around here for a bit and that looks to be happening. Mostly, I don't want to bother posting unless I have something I really want to say, as opposed to just generally slapping some words onto a posting, like I sometimes do. Like I'm doing now.

I've been spending my weekend caught in a weird headspace, and it's, um, well, weird. I haven't wanted to write about it, and still don't.

I just wanted to check in. To tell the truth, I think I'm getting sick. Gah. We're having a massive shift in weather, and I'm all sniffly. I hate sickness, both in me and in others. Grr.

I will say this: If you like intelligent television, watch Studio 60 tonight. I watched the pilot last night on Canuck TV and loved it. (Either 9 or 10pm on NBC Mondays.)

It's Aaron Sorkin's new show, and if you took his other two series, Sportsnight and West Wing, and mixed it with a cross between Gary Shandling and SNL, you'd have Studio 60. Smart, quick-paced, and good dialogue. It's good, not great, but it's early in the game yet. It is, however, good to see Sorkin back. When the best writer in television isn't writing for it, there's something wrong, even if he does like his nosecandy a smidge. There is sense to the world order again. And Amanda Peet's looking sexy in a smart role for a chick. Sense, meet world order.


Did I mention I hate sickness? I better not be getting sick! I don't have time for this shit. Grr!