seems i've always got something on the tip of my tongue.    ©

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

All right, I'm a whore

No doubt you've noticed something vile and evil lurking on your local smutty blog... advertisements.

Yes, I've become a corporate whore. I figure I take it up the ass all day long from corporations, so if I can screw them out of a buck or two by having you click on their ads and spend via me, then let's do that.

Shopping at Amazon? Click to there through my page and you'll contribute money to my slacker "But I'm a Writer!" lifestyle via "affiliates" commission. I won't know what you've bought or any of your personal information, but I'll know someone spent money and that I'm getting my share.

This goes with any ad you find here. If you can't contribute directly to me, you can at least make my life better by buying through retailers you find on here. And yes, there will be more to come.

Why? Because I like food. Really. I get turned on by knowing my rent's getting paid. Oh, I know, you thought I was more exotic and it took things like fine dining and exquisite sexual technique to rock my socks off, but no, no. It just takes cash.

Money takes me to the edge of heaven, really, to quote an old Wham! classic.

I'd love it if my ideals would pay my way through the world, but they don't. Such is life. Back when Kevin Spacey really was an actor, he made a great flick called Swiming with Sharks, in which he mutters, "Face it, kid. If you're not a rebel by the time you're 20, you've got no heart. If you're not a part of the system by the time you're 30, you've got no brains."

I'm not really in the system, not yet, I hope, but I sure as fuck know how to play the game. So, then, game on.

As a result, I'm also coming up with a lot of fun merchandising ideas. Yes, you heard it here first. Coming soon to an e-store near you: CUNT WEAR.

You can pay inflated prices (it's their fault, not mine) to wear my attitude on your sleeve. You know ya wanna. Again, it's a way to keep me from ever having to find a job again. I could, like, y'know, write or something, all day, every day... much like I've been doing for the last ten or so weeks, during which I've been posting almost daily.

You have the power to help me keep this thing going. You can contribute directly to me through PayPal, or you can purchase goods through the advertisers found on here, or, soon, you can buy my merchandise.

And every goddamned bit of it will be appreciated, even though I love y'all already.